Volkl Kendo 88 Skis earns an extra $27.60 in your Willi's ReWards account.
Volkl Kendo 88 Skis
The Kendo 88 wants to GO! Hold nothing back when skiing this and it will take everything you can give and more. The Kendo flys out of turns thanks in part to its 3D Radius Sidecut – Three radii in one ski shape deliver maximum versatility - long radii at the tip and tail for stability and smoothness, and a short radius in the mid-body allows the skier to switch from long arcs to short turns at will, at any speed. In other words, its really easy to maneuver into plenty of different turn shapes. At 88mm at the waist, it wants to be quick. All powerful skiers will love the kendo but it is going to want a strong intermediate as a driver to perform at its best. A full sidewall and Tailored Titanal Frame – The size of the frames is tailored to the skier's height, skiing ability and power. This means that longer ski models have a higher titanal content for more stiffness, more direct power transmission and stronger dampening. Throw in a carbon weave in high stress areas for some dampness and you have one strong machine.
Features for theKendo 88 skis
- Sidecut/Turn Radius: 129-88-113mm @ 177cm w/ 26?/15?/23 Radii
- Core: Beech and poplar w/ the hard wood in the binding area and lighter wood surrounding it. Tailored Carbon Tips are made by weaving each carbon fiber onto a carrier material. Tailored Titanal Frame - longer ski models have a more titanal
- Construction: Full Sidewall – Direct and strong power transmission with full length sidewalls.
- Camber Profile: Tip & Tail Rocker – Bends up only in the shovel and tail zones, with a camber shape in the middle.
- Additional Features: P-Tex 2100 – A sintered high-density and high molecular weight polyethylene base with great gliding characteristics and high durability.
Shop Review for Kendo 88 skis
This ski is a fantastic choice as an all-mountain, East ski for any advanced to expert skier who sees firm snow conditions as an invitation to lay trenches and carve. The carving performance of the 88mm-waisted skis rivals much narrower skis